|One of my best pictures, imo.|
|The pictures I drew|
|The pictures I faved. And stamps. And some stories, too.|
Merry Christmas, my friends!
Last year, I made a list of my 10 favorite Christmas songs. At the end of the list, I included my honorable mentions and jokingly suggested I do a top ten list of them since there’s so many of them. But after considering it, I realized that I could not do a top 10 list. So instead, here are my top 12 favorite Christmas song runner-ups.
12. Fortress of Festivity from Pikmin 3. This one is kinda debatable as to whether it counts, much like Linus and Lucy from last year’s list, but I maintain it counts. The stage it comes from is a Christmas party, complete with a Christmas tree. It’s a nice cover of the main Pikmin theme, done with the ringing of bells. It’s really catchy and fun. Along with being one of my favorite Christmas songs, it’s one of my favorite Pikmin themes.
11. Jingle Jingle Jingle from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I feel one of the strongest things about the Rudolph special is the songs. Even ignoring the main song that inspired it, there’s a lot of music that will stick with you after watching it. The song Santa sings to the newborn Rudolph is a pretty fun one about how Santa is the self-proclaimed “king of jingling.” I think it works, since Santa’s sleigh is commonly associated with bells. I’d kinda like to hear it played a little more.
10. We Are Santa’s Elves from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Where would Santa be without his elves? They’re the ones who make all the toys throughout the year, yet they don’t get as much recognition as Santa. I like how this song actually gives the elves a bit of the spotlight, as the song is not only about them but also sung by them. It shows how much they love their job and how that’s enough for them.
9. The Island of Misfit Toys. One of my favorite parts of the Rudolph special is the Island of Misfit toys. It has some of the most unique designs in the special and some of the most memorable characters, from Charlie the Jack-in-the-Box to the spotted elephant to the redheaded doll. The song introduces so many of the characters and shows off what makes them misfits. Perhaps it’s how sad each of the toys are or how the “problems” actually sound like fun (a jelly squirt gun? Awesome!), but I’d love to take each and every single toy home with me. I’ve also found it makes a great song to sing in the discount aisle at Walmart or Target.
8. We’re a Couple of Misfits from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Along with the main song, this is one of the most recognizable songs from the special. I think part of it is that the song basically sums up the message of the special: the thing that makes you a “misfit” does not make you bad. The song is also incredibly catchy in a good way. It’s very cheerful and, if you feel like a misfit, confidence-boosting.
7. Lil’ Saint Nick by the Beach Boys. The Beach Boys are probably best known for their surf songs, such as Surfin’ Safari and Surfin’ USA, but this one has always stood out to me. To my knowledge, it’s the only Christmas song they did and it’s the only Christmas song with the soul of a surf song. The song is simplistic, yet it feels like the guys were having fun as they sang it.
6. Jingle Bells by Barenaked Ladies. You might remember that my favorite Christmas song is their cover of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. This would be my second favorite Christmas song they did. It starts off slow and calm before becoming really fast and excited. I find that too often, Christmas songs are very slow. It’s understandable why, since Christmas should be a time to relax and slow down, but I like a bit of excitement every now and then. The singer sounds like he’s just as eager for Christmas as I am and can’t hide it. I also like how one verse he sings is the “Batman Smells” lyrics.
5. No L from Animaniacs. I admittedly have not watched a lot of Animaniacs, mainly due to a lack of full episodes available on YouTube. I have seen clips of the show and I find them to be pretty funny. My favorite clip was when Yakko teaches Wakko how to spell Santa’s name, set to the tune of Noel. It’s just a funny spoof that’s fun to sing.
4. Trim Up The Tree from How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Much like the aforementioned Jingle Jingle Jingle, I find this song to be really underrated. I can’t think of many songs that are about decorating a Christmas tree, and this song just feels perfect for it. It’s catchy and upbeat, with plenty of Seussical rhymes and terms. Add in the animations from the special, which feature a lot of decorations I’d love to have, and it just makes me feel like decorating.
3. Mr. Grinch. Hey, if I included Trim Up the Tree, I had to include this. Anyone who has seen this special will remember the song that describes just how evil the Grinch is, from him being an eel, to best being described with “stink, stank, stunk.” One of the things I find interesting about the song is that it doesn’t actually have any of the typical Dr. Seuss made-up words; all the terms used are actual words that weren’t made up exclusively for the song.
2. Merry Christmas…If That’s Okay With You from the Santa Claus episode of MST3K. I do like humor based on political correctness and this is one of my favorite examples. Even in describing it, Mike and the Bots try to be PC about it, saying it’s not a “Christmas” carol since it’s for people of all religious beliefs, and it’s not a “carol” since “Carol” is a woman’s name and they want the song to be all inclusive. The song itself has some hilarious lines about acknowledging other beliefs and cultures, which actually fit in well with the rhythm of the song. But what I like the most about it is the ending, where Mike sings about peace on Earth and having a multicultural holiday season, and Tom and Crow sing about getting along just once a year for a few days. It’s so damn sweet.
1. Have a Holly Jolly Christmas. Of all the songs in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, this one is probably the least recognized as being from the special. I think part of it is that when played on the radio, the song is given a slower tempo as opposed to how it’s pretty fast in the special. Regardless, it’s a great song for wishing people a Merry Christmas. It’s just so happy, which I think a Christmas song should be.
And those are my top 12 favorite Christmas runner-ups. Have yourselves a merry little Christmas, friends and followers. And a happy birthday to Jesus as well.
Hello! I am Alex, a Rosalina fan who, like so many others, loves her. But don't judge me unfairly because of the other Rosalina fanboys. I'm really a very nice guy if you'll treat me kindly.|
As well as Rosalina, I am also deeply in love with Lady Palutena from the Kid Icarus series
I am a big Mario series fan. My favorite game in the regular series, being my first, is Super Mario Galaxy. My favorite Mario spin-off is Mario Kart Wii. It's also my favorite video game of all time.
I also like F-Zero X, the Kirby series, the Smash Bros. series, and Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Favorite Video Games:
1. Mario Kart Wii
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Smash Bros Brawl
4. Kid Icarus: Uprising
5. Mario Tennis 64
Favorite Mario Characters:
4. Shy Guy
Favorite Smash Bros.
2. Captain Falcon
1. Roy, my boy
2. Dr. Mario
4. Mr. Game & Watch
1. ZS Samus
3. Mr. Game & Watch
4. Ice Climbers
3. ZS Samus
5. Mr. Game & Watch
7. WiiFit Trainer
8. Dr. Mario
9. Morton Koopa Jr. (Bowser Jr. skin)
Favorite F-Zero racers:
1. Jody Summer
2. Mighty Gazelle
3. Captain Falcon
4. Dr. Stewart
Favorite Transformed Racers:
2. Wreck-It Ralph
4. Vyse, Vyse, baby
Favorite Tekken Fighters:
3. Bob/Slim Bob
Favorite Kid Icarus characters:
5. Arlon (who breaks the trend of the list)
Favorite TF2 mercs:
Favorite Kirby characters:
1. Poppy Bros. Jr.
2. Galacta Knight
3. Prince Fluff
4. Meta Knight
Video game crack pairings and fan shippings I enjoy:
Alex (my self-insert) X Rosalina
Alex X Palutena
Mr. Game & Watch X Princess Zelda
Any couple involving R.O.B. (especially Mr. Game & Watch X R.O.B. and Samus X R.O.B.)
Rosalina X Pit
Rosalina X Marth
Marth X Roy
Marth X Peach
Mr. Game & Watch X Samus
Samus X Captain Falcon
Pit X Phosphora
DocFit (Dr. Mario x WiiFit Trainer)
Link X Lana
Waluigi X Daisy
Kirby X Jigglypuff
Jody Summer X John Tanaka (F-Zero)
Gum (Jet Set Radio) X Vyse (Skies of Arcadia)
HenryShipping (Code Name STEAM's John Henry X Henry Fleming)
ScienceShipping (Code Name STEAM's Randolph Carter X Tin Man)
Video game crack pairings and fan shippings I kinda like, but not much:
White Mage X Waluigi
Daisy X Mario
Samus X Mario
Samus X Zelda
Pit X Peach
Rosalina X Samus
Rosalina X Ike
Palutena X Link
Pit X Lucina
Video game crack pairings and fan shippings I will never like:
Solid - Rose (Snake X Rosalina)
Bowser X Rosalina
Most couples involving Ike (Samus X Ike, Pit X Ike, Marth X Ike, etc...)
Pit X Palutena
Toad X Toadette (they are siblings)
Popo X Nana
Luigi X Rosalina
Any involving Yoshi (besides Yoshi X Birdo, but I'm indifferent about that one)
Palutena X Ganondorf (seriously, WTF?)
Non-Video Game Shippings I Like:
Wreck-It Ralph X Elsa
Emmet X Wyldstyle
Jessie X Buzz (Toy Story trilogy)
I never try to insult anyone; I'm just very opinionated.
I'm also a
My older sister -
My younger sisters -
My triplet sisters -
My cousins -
My aunts -
My brothers -
Friends of mine in love with video game characters:
Please do NOT thank me for favs or for watching you!
Do NOT ask for points!